Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Thick with defenders

Reports abound with Welsh duo James Collins and Danny Gabbidon securing contract extensions at Upton Park. Good on them, I like both players a ton and they secure that we have a formidable back line for years to come.

Where does this leave young James Tomkins? Needing to go out on loan methinks...

Although still getting back to the match fitness that saw him practicing with the first team this time last year, from what I have read, he is a special talent who is one to watch for the future. I for one hope he gets a good loan spell and lives up to the recent strong line of Central Defenders that have come before (Anton, Rio, Elliot Ward).

1 comment:

Esquire Estévez P.I. said...

The only team/country that I care about in the sport of soccer, I mean football (the weak kind), is the Netherlands (Ajax).